That’s because the poster prominently features Pepsi branding including the soda’s current motto, “That’s what I like.”
But a lot of people apparently didn’t like it, based on the Twitter reaction to this photo of the poster:
Although there is value in letting people know where they can get tested, Pepsi’s insistence on corporate branding left many people feeling as flat as a soda set out in the sun for two hours.
One person snarkily rewrote the poster to make it more accurate.
Others feared it might be the start of a trend.
Some were confused by the poster’s wording.
Others found the poster ominous for other reasons.
But at least one person joked the brand messaging was appropriate.
Pepsico and Walmart did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.