There’s a reason that the queue for the office microwave always gets out of hand in the winter – nothing warms the cockles on a frosty day like tucking into a hearty soup at lunchtime. And soups don’t get much more comforting than this broccoli and stilton recipe, which is as tasty as it is healthy, packing in plenty of veg into each portion.
It’s also very easy and quick to make, so set aside 15 to 20 minutes to make a big batch of the stuff one Sunday and sort yourself out a couple of healthy midweek lunches. Best served with crusty bread, we reckon.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of spinach
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp stilton, crumbled
- 1tbsp toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the broccoli, spinach and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and blend until smooth.
- Serve with the crumbled stilton and toasted almonds on top.