Cuomo said on Tuesday night he was getting “cocky” when he reached 60 hours without fever, close to the 72-hour goal for patients suffering from the coronavirus infection.
But then it came back, hitting 101 Tuesday.
“I’m still super lucky, super blessed, compared to so many of the other people I’ve heard about,” he told CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta. “But I’ve got to start again, and that’s just how it goes.”
Gupta described three things doctors look for before coronavirus patients can stop isolation, including being fever-free for 72 hours, and Cuomo is still falling short.
“You’re not there yet,” he lamented.
See more of his discussion with Gupta below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Can someone outside of your household quarantine with you now?
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.